All reservations require a deposit of 10% of the full excursion price or $200, whichever is greater. Reservations must be paid in full at least 90 days prior to the excursion departure date.
Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to the excursion departure date will receive a full refund of all monies paid, less a handling fee of $35 per passenger.
Cancellations made between 89 and 30 days prior to the excursion departure date will pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the full excursion price.
Cancellations made within 30 days of the excursion departure date will pay a cancellation fee of the full excursion price.
Passengers Unable to Enter Kapawi on Scheduled Date
If, due to weather related or other scheduling problems with the air-flight from Shell to Kapawi, you are not able to enter Kapawi on the scheduled date, we will provide meals and overnight lodging at one of the best quality hotels available in the Shell/Puyo area, and will refund 50% of one night's lodging costs at Kapawi.
Passengers Unable to Leave Kapawi on Scheduled Date
If, due to weather related or other scheduling problems with the air-flight from Kapawi to Shell, you are not able to leave Kapawi on the scheduled date, we will provide lodging, meals and guided excursions at no additional cost for the extra day(s) you remain at Kapawi Lodge. We will not be responsible for costs related to other hotels, air flights or tourism programs that you may have booked following your scheduled departure from Kapawi Lodge.
Terms of service
Please read this information carefully (before checking-in to Kapawi.). After the check-in process, the passenger understands that all terms and conditions are accepted. Our port of embarkation is shell. If the passenger made arrangements with CEKSA to depart from a different city, then these terms and conditions will be deemed accepted in the new city of departure. CEKSA will not be responsible for any expenses incurred other than those specified in these policies.
Passengers unable to leave Kapawi due to weather-related cancellations
1. If the passenger is unable to leave the lodge due to weather-related cancellations, CEKSA will fully cover lodging and meals as well as guided programs during the extra day (s) the guest remains in Kapawi Lodge. CEKSA will not be responsible for the expenses of other hotels, tourism programs, sea cruises, lodges or similar facilities, and events, air or bus tickets, nor penalties due to full or partial cancellations.
Passengers unable to enter Kapawi due to weather-related cancellations
2. If the passenger cannot travel to Kapawi, due to weather or availability of ground transportation or aircraft and therefore stays one night in Quito, a one night refund will be made. This refund will be done though the travel agency that booked the reservation. Direct refunds to the passengers are not possible unless the passenger has purchased the excursion directly from CEKSA. If the passenger accepts the refund he/she automatically agrees to make his/her own arrangements while in Quito, including lodging, food or transfers. CEKSA will provide free assistance for reservations if needed.
3. CEKSA will book the passenger in a four-star hotel and provide meals. In this case, the passenger agrees to forego the refund offered in paragraph (2). CEKSA will not cover drinks (unless included in the set menu), nor telephone calls, tipping or any expenses other than those offered in this paragraph.
Passengers who depart from Quito to Kapawi or from kapawi to Quito, but due to weather-related reasons have to land in an alternative airport
4. If the passenger flying out of Kapawi has to land in an alternative airport, CEKSA will fully cover lodging and meals as described in paragraph (1.) of the policy. At its own discretion CEKSA will choose whether travel back to Quito shall be by plane or overland. CEKSA will not transport passengers to other cities.
5. If the passenger, on their way from Quito to Kapawi, has to land at an alternative airport, CEKSA will offer the best available lodging, snacks or meals (excluding alcoholic drinks), depending upon the length of the delay.
6. If the passenger, on his way to Kapawi, has to land at an alternative airport and stay overnight in a local hotel, CEKSA will cover lodging and meals in the best available hotel (the quality of which varies depending on the town), 50% of one night refund will be covered and paid to the agency which booked the passengers, based on the paid rate charged in the tour package. Direct refunds to passengers are not possible unless the passenger has purchased the excursion directly from CEKSA. In that case, one of our representatives will assist you with arrangements for your refund.
If the passenger, due to weather-related reasons, is unable to travel to Kapawi after one overnight in Quito or in an alternative town as described above
7. If the passenger cannot depart by 14h00 to Kapawi after having spent one night in Quito or in an alternative town, then the following options will be offered:
7.1 A 100% refund of the excursion, less the amount already refunded according to paragraph (2.) or less one night if expenses according to paragraph (3) or (6) have been incurred.
7.2 Alternatively, the passenger could switch his reservation to the next excursion available. By accepting this option the passenger agrees to be responsible for his/her own lodging, food, transportation etc. CEKSA will provide free assistance on reservations if needed.
1. The liability of CEKSA. (the operator of the Kapawi Ecolodge & Reserve) and its sales agents is limited to the terms and conditions of the transportation and accommodations contract as set forth in the boarding documents given to all passengers. A sample is available on request. Passengers are urged to read these conditions and to note that acceptance of the transportation contract represents acceptance of the conditions therein.
2. CEKSA expressly disclaims any responsibility for personal injury or property damage arising out of the act of negligence of any person or company, other than itself, rendering any service.
3. CEKSA shall not be responsible for any damage or inconvenience caused by late air, car, train, or motor coach arrivals, shortage of fuel supply, cancellations or delays in departure or in return, nor for any loss or damage to baggage or any other article belonging to the passenger, occurring other than by reason of negligence on the part of CEKSA. In the event of loss, damage or delay to the passenger's baggage, personal effects, or property arising from or caused by reason of any act of God or public enemies, arrest, restraints of princes, rulers of people, piracy, war, revolution, extortion, terrorist actions, or threats, hijacking, bombing, threatened or actual rebellion, insurrection, civil strife, fire, explosion, stranding, grounding, slides, volcanic eruptions, perils of the rivers, canals, theft, accident to or from machinery, boilers, or latent defects even though existing at departure or commencement of journeys, barratry, desertion or revolt of staff, strike, lockout, stoppage of labor from whatever cause, or for any reason, or labor disturbance, whether or not such strike, lockout, stoppage of labor, or labor disturbance results from a dispute between the Carrier and its employees or between other parties, whether or not the fault of the carrier, or from losses of any kind beyond the Carrier's control, whether or not like or similar character to the foregoing, CEKSA is not obligated to substitute another jungle lodge for any excursion and reserves the right to alter the advertised itinerary of the excursions, to delay any excursion or substitute or cancel scheduled days of arrival or departure.
CEKSA is responsible for providing air transfer to and from KE&R. However, if forces beyond our control forbid us to deliver on our promises, be it by an act of God, public enemies, detainment, curtailment of principles, lack of fuel, unavailability of airplanes, public laws, piracy, war, revolution, extortion, terrorist acts or threats, kidnapping, bombs, rebellion or threat of rebellion, insurrection, civil feuds, fire, explosion, entrapment, immobilization, threats by landslides, volcanic eruptions, rivers, canals, theft, accidents caused by machines, furnaces or latent preexisting defects from before the start of the trip; legal suits, desertion or personnel upheaval, strike, owner closure, stop of labor due to any reason including union labor issues between the travel agent and its employees or amongst other parties, whether it be the travel agents´ fault or not, whether they resemble the above mentioned circumstances or not; CEKSA commits to provide land transportation for the air trip that was not taken for any of the above mentioned reasons, by being responsible for the costs of this trip as well as food and assistance during each portion of the trip.